Continuous Integration (CI) is a development process that requires developers to integrate their code into a shared source code repository (git,svn,mercurial,etc) several times a day, while a monitoring process detects code commits and acts upon those commits. Those actions can be the actual checkout of branches, execution of build processes, quality control, and of course our favorite; automated testing.
- Decrease the feedback loop
- Discover defects faster before production releases
- Developer Accountability
- Increase code visibility and promote communication
- Increase quality control
- Reduce integration issues with other features
- Develop in an Agile/Scrum fashion with continuous improvement
- Much More...
Here is a listing of some of the major CI servers: