TestBox is a next-generation testing framework for ColdFusion (CFML) based on BDD (Behavior Driven Development) for providing a clean, obvious syntax for writing tests.
TestBox is a next-generation testing framework for ColdFusion (CFML) based on BDD (Behavior Driven Development) for providing a clean, obvious syntax for writing tests. It contains not only a testing framework, runner, assertions, and expectations library but also ships with MockBox, A mocking and stubbing companion. It also supports the xUnit style of testing and MXUnit compatibilities.
Here is a simple listing of features TestBox brings to the table:
- BDD style testing
- xUnit style testing
- Code Coverage via FusionReactor
- Testing life-cycle methods
- Ability to extend and create custom test runners
- Ability to extend and create custom test reporters
- Asynchronous testing
- Multi-suite capabilities
- Test skipping
- Suite skipping
- Dynamic skipping support via runtime executions
- Test one or more suites exclusively
- Test one or more tests/specs exclusively
- Test labels and tagging
- Testing debug output stream
- Clickable suite titles to filter test execution
- Much more!
And constructed with the following guidelines:
- bumpBreaking backward compatibility bumps the major (and resets the minor and patch)
- New additions without breaking backward compatibility bump the minor (and resets the patch)
- Bug fixes and misc changes bump the patch
- Copyright by Ortus Solutions, Corp
- TestBox is a registered trademark by Ortus Solutions, Corp
The ColdBox Websites, Documentation, logo, and content have a separate license, and they are separate entities.
Ortus Solutions, Corp
Because of His grace, this project exists. If you don't like this, don't read it, it's not for you.
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. - Romans 5:5